Roasted Garlic Avocado Soup with Herbed Yogurt Crackers
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a small saucepan, add garlic and avocado oil, and place over medium heat. Poach ("roast") garlic until just golden brown. Strain garlic from oil, save garlic oil for topping soup.
- Add all ingredients (avocado through white pepper--not the cashews) to blender and blend until silky smooth. Season to taste. Chill.
- Serve cold in bowl, topped with chopped cashews, some more garlic oil and with a healthy portion of yogurt crackers on the side. Enjoy! Yum! Summer!
- Herbed Yogurt Crackers: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (350 if using convection).
- Add sifted almond flour to bowl, along with all dry ingredients. Whisk until combined.
- Using your (clean) hands, cut butter into dry mix, rubbing between your fingers until the consistency of very coarse sand or little pebbles.
- Using a wooden spoon, add yogurt and mix until just combined. Dough will be super wet and sticky - and delicious!
- Form into one big (or two smaller) oval shaped mound, about 1 inch thick, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Remove from refrigerator, and between two pieces of parchment paper on a sheet pan, roll (or press with another sheet pan) dough to a consistent thickness, around 1/16 inch.
- Using a knife or a pizza cutter, cut into squares, rectangles, triangles (any shape you want!), then, using a fork, poke lots of little holes in the dough and then top with sesame seeds, herbs and salt.
- Bake for about an hour, turning pan halfway through the process. Bake until golden brown, and dry to the touch.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Soup can be stored, refrigerated, for a couple days. If it begins to brown, add a bit more vinegar and mix.
Per Serving: 732 calories; 56.7 41.8 24.2 0 3853 Full nutrition