Buckwheat Crepes with Whipped Coconut Cream
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 655
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In bowl, mix buckwheat flour, rice flour, golden flax meal, cocoa, and brown sugar.
- Add vanilla coconut milk and oil. Whisk until smooth. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk culinary coconut milk with vanilla cultured coconut milk. Set aside.
- Heat small cast-iron pan over medium heat. Grease lightly with oil.
- Add 1/4 cup batter to hot pan, twirling to spread batter out in a thin layer.
- Cook for about 2 minutes per side, using spatula to loosen edges. Transfer to plate and repeat with remaining batter.
- Spoon a layer of coconut cream inside crepes and roll up.
- Garnish and fill crepes with your choice of toppings and fillings. Some suggestions include fresh berries, toasted nuts, seeds, vegan chocolate, coconut chips, etc.
- Cook's Notes:
- If the crepes are cracking, you can make them thicker with the batter, or even treat the batter like a pancake.
- If you are having difficulty getting the culinary milk out of the spout, squeeze the unopened container until bottom flaps unfold, and then use a knife or scissors to cut off the bottom. Then squeeze all of the contents out more easily.
Per Serving: 655 calories; 34.3 79.9 11.5 0 35 Full nutrition