Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 140
- Combine water and amaranth together in a saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until water is absorbed and amaranth grains are fluffy, about 20 minutes. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Beat cooked amaranth and peanut butter together in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in sugar until completely dissolved. Add butter to amaranth mixture and mix; stir in egg until smooth.
- Whisk all-purpose flour, pastry flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to amaranth mixture, stirring until the dough starts to come away from the sides of the bowl.
- Form dough into small balls and place 2-inches apart on a baking sheet. Dip a fork into flour and press dough balls with fork to flatten.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 15 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 3 to 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Per Serving: 140 calories; 6.7 17.2 3.7 12 135 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I cut the recipe in half, using only whole wheat flour, but keeping the egg whole. I must have made mine smaller than yours (my yield with half a recipe was 3 dozen!), because they were done in...
I really enjoyed these cookies. They are moist and chewy at the same time. I didn't put the whole amount of amaranth because I ran out yet I still could taste the flavor and texture in it. Defin...