Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 262 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine warm water and saffron together in a bowl.
- Mix couscous and vegetable broth together in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove saucepan from heat, cover saucepan, and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork and transfer to a bowl.
- Stir saffron mixture, celery, currants, olive oil, lemon juice, harissa, cumin, and sea salt into couscous. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Serves 4 as a side dish, or 2 as a main dish salad.
- Chicken or beef broth can be substituted for the vegetable broth, if desired.
- Ground red pepper or red pepper flakes can replace harissa.
Per Serving: 262 calories; 7.3 g fat; 42.6 g carbohydrates; 6.3 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 224 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This is a lovely side dish or salad with African flavors. I think you could easily toss it with cooked chicken or shrimp for a main dish. I could not find harissa so I amde a mixture of a 1/2 te...