Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 157 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine cauliflower, olive oil, curry powder, and mustard seeds in a baking pan; toss to coat cauliflower.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cauliflower begins to brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion until softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Add chicken broth and cauliflower to onion; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Combine 3 tablespoons butter and flour in a small saucepan over medium-low heat; cook and stir until roux is thickened and slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add milk to roux and continue cooking and stirring until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir roux into soup until smooth; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook's Note:
- The cauliflower can be roasted and refrigerated up to 2 days ahead.
- Half-and-half can be substituted for the milk, if desired.
Per Serving: 157 calories; 12 g fat; 9.5 g carbohydrates; 3.9 g protein; 25 mg cholesterol; 825 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1