Ingredients5 h 5 m servings 550 cals
- Whisk Italian dressing, water, soy sauce, honey, liquid smoke, garlic powder, salt, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl and pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add the roast, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate. Remove roast from the bag and discard marinade.
- Place roast on the grill and reduce heat to medium-low; cook until desired doneness is reached, 35 to 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Allow roast to rest for 15 minutes under tented aluminum foil before cutting.
- Cook's Note:
- A 2-pound roast serves 4 comfortably, figure 1/2 pound per person. Cook roast about 20 minutes per pound.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 550 calories; 29.3 g fat; 5.3 g carbohydrates; 62.8 g protein; 186 mg cholesterol; 866 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
This is a very good recipe, we didn't have liquid smoke so added a couple teaspoons of smokey paprika.
I thought this recipe was pretty tasty! Followed it to the T but only had about 3 hours to marinate.
Made it without the soy sauce and red pepper flakes. Added Teriyaki instead. It really needed those red pepper flakes.. Redo tonight.. Still very yummy!
12-15-15 ~ I had a chuck roast that I wanted to try and grill. This was the recipe that I chose. The marinade on this roast is wonderful. The chuck roast marinated all day. When it was time ...
We actually made this on thanksgiving day as a first try so my husband could use the new grill and I could relieve my oven and he was so proud. Added more honey and a doubled the marinade for tw...
Yes! Many times...I always forget to make the sauce....the rub alone is fabulous! Cold outside so I roasted in my ronco rotisserie. Yum!!!! So tender!Thanks!
Will definitely make this again! was excellent. I will add more red pepper or use the ground version of the same. there was no spiciness after 8 hrs of marinading. reduced liquid smoke to 1 t...