Ingredients5 h 5 m servings 550
- Whisk Italian dressing, water, soy sauce, honey, liquid smoke, garlic powder, salt, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl and pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add the roast, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate. Remove roast from the bag and discard marinade.
- Place roast on the grill and reduce heat to medium-low; cook until desired doneness is reached, 35 to 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Allow roast to rest for 15 minutes under tented aluminum foil before cutting.
- Cook's Note:
- A 2-pound roast serves 4 comfortably, figure 1/2 pound per person. Cook roast about 20 minutes per pound.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 550 calories; 29.3 5.3 62.8 186 866 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
This is a very good recipe, we didn't have liquid smoke so added a couple teaspoons of smokey paprika.
12-15-15 ~ I had a chuck roast that I wanted to try and grill. This was the recipe that I chose. The marinade on this roast is wonderful. The chuck roast marinated all day. When it was time ...
I thought this recipe was pretty tasty! Followed it to the T but only had about 3 hours to marinate.
Made it without the soy sauce and red pepper flakes. Added Teriyaki instead. It really needed those red pepper flakes.. Redo tonight.. Still very yummy!
We actually made this on thanksgiving day as a first try so my husband could use the new grill and I could relieve my oven and he was so proud. Added more honey and a doubled the marinade for tw...
loved it!!! marinated it 24 plus hours turned out fantastic!
Will definitely make this again! was excellent. I will add more red pepper or use the ground version of the same. there was no spiciness after 8 hrs of marinading. reduced liquid smoke to 1 t...
Easy to make, loved the combination of flavors- followed recipe exactly. Marinated overnight. Will definitely make this again!