Chicken and Mushroom Manicotti
5 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 416
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook manicotti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- Place chicken and bay leaf into a saucepan and pour in enough water to cover; bring to a boil, cover saucepan, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes. Remove chicken from saucepan and place on a work surface to cool. Discard cooking water, skin, and bones. Finely chop chicken.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms, 1/3 cup chopped onion, salt, basil, thyme, and paprika until mushrooms are tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and cool.
- Mix mushroom mixture, eggs, Parmesan cheese, and chicken together in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12x7-inch baking dish.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir 1/4 cup chopped onion until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir flour into onion until dissolved; add milk. Cook and stir mixture until sauce is bubbling and thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir wine into sauce; add mozzarella cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Stuff the cooked manicotti with chicken mixture and arrange filled pasta in the prepared baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over pasta. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 416 calories; 17 27.8 35.8 140 440 Full nutrition