Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 393 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (32 cookies)
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Melt white chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, 5 to 15 minutes.
- Insert a fork into the filling of each cookie and dip cookie into the melted chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl. Transfer coated cookies to the lined baking sheet.
- Immediately place 2 black sprinkles onto the top portion of the cookie for the "eyes" and 4 black sprinkles for the "smile" and 1 orange sprinkle for the "nose" while the chocolate is still warm on the cookie. Arrange 3 of the multicolored sprinkles down the center of the cookie for the "buttons". Cool cookies completely.
- Using the decorating gel, draw a thin line around the "neck" of each snowman creating a scarf. Allow gel to dry.
- Cook's Note:
- If you can't find black confetti sprinkles, you can use mini chocolate chips. Just turn the point tips downward into the white chocolate.
- You can even let the snowmen completely set before embellishing them and use gel or royal icing and glue the confetti onto the snowmen afterwards. Which could be easier for some.
- Wilton® sells little candy carrot sprinkles in Easter cupcake kits. I saved mine from Easter and utilized them as the snowman's nose.
- To make Santa cookies, start the process of dipping the cookies, one side at a time leaving the center uncovered. However, it's a 2-stage dipping process and does take longer. Dip his beard-side first, then let cool. Then dip the hat side and pat red sugar sprinkles for the top. Then let dry completely. Once dried you can embellish the hat with a white gel or royal icing for the rim of Santa's hat. And place a red hot candy or red M&M® candy in the corner of the hat.
Per Serving: 393 calories; 20.7 g fat; 50.2 g carbohydrates; 5.6 g protein; 14 mg cholesterol; 191 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1