Truffled Cauliflower Gratin
Ingredients1 h servings 241
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk flour into butter; cook and stir until raw flour taste cooks off, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gradually whisk milk into flour mixture. Increase heat to medium-high; cook and stir until mixture thickens and comes to a simmer, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir truffled pecorino cheese, salt, cayenne pepper, and nutmeg into milk mixture until cheese sauce is thick.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add cauliflower and cook until slightly tender, about 6 minutes. Drain and transfer cauliflower to prepared baking dish. Spread cheese sauce evenly over cauliflower. Dust with bread crumbs, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese; drizzle olive oil over the top and sprinkle with a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and bubbling, about 30 minutes. Garnish with chopped fresh chives.
Per Serving: 241 calories; 21.9 17.2 12.4 35 463 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 22
Made this twice now and love it. Both times, I've used Trader Joe's Truffled White Cheddar cheese mixed with Parmigiano-Reggiano and it turns out fantastic. I also steam and not blanch the ca...
So delicious! I made it with orange cauliflower to dress it up a bit. Couldn't find truffle cheese so substituted truffle butter for two tbs of the butter. Used gouda cheese. I've got the la...
Very rich and decadent. Probably won't be making this often because of the cholesterol, etc. but I just had to try it. I couldn't find the cheese with the truffle in it so I drizzled truffle oil...
It was delicious! Added a bit more Cayenne & Nutmeg, but didn’t stray far from the recipe.
It was good, but I will cut the amount of garlic powder to 1/8 t and the onion powder to 1/4 t and add more cheese
Definitely watch the video before making this, it's super helpful for getting the correct texture for your sauce. We couldn't find truffle pecorino cheese and ended up buying truffle sottocener...
I have made this several times because it is so delicious and my husband loves it! It is worth the time and effort it takes to make it.
Pretty nice way to do cauliflower. I didn't have the truffle cheese, so I used gruyere. But I probably won't make this again - it's very rich and high in fat. Sigh.