Zesty Eggplant Salad
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"My wife's specialty. Similar to fattoush, but with a different assortment of vegetables, including (of course) eggplant which gives this salad an extra zing! This dish was a hit at a holiday potluck. The salad is ready to serve, but letting the entire salad soak overnight is recommended."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 448
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place onion in a bowl and add vinegar and 1 tablespoon salt. Let onion soak for 1 hour.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Arrange eggplant on a baking sheet and brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil until evenly coated.
- Broil eggplant until flesh is pink, about 5 minutes. Flip eggplant and broil until other side is pink, about 5 minutes more. Cool eggplant. Reduce oven's temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Spread pita bread on a baking sheet.
- Cook pita bread in preheated oven until toasted and crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Combine tomatoes and green bell pepper in a large bowl; add eggplant and onion with vinegar and salt. Mix olive oil and sumac into tomato mixture; season with salt. Toss pita bread pieces into salad just before serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 448 calories; 31.5 38.5 6.5 0 1956 Full nutrition