Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 120
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Toast pita bread in a toaster oven until browned, 2 to 4 minutes; crumble into bite-size pieces.
- Combine cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, romaine lettuce, parsley, and mint in a large bowl. Mix olive oil, sumac, salt, and pepper into cucumber mixture using your hands. Add crumbled pita bread and toss.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- For a less healthy alternative, you can fry the pita bread.
- If you don't have sumac, you can substitute for freshly squeezed lemon (but it won't be as good!).
- Other ingredients that can be found in fattoush include green pepper and radish.
- Green onion can be substituted for the onion.
Per Serving: 120 calories; 7.2 13.2 2.5 0 338 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was good! I did not use the romaine b/c I didn't have any, but followed the recipe otherwise. I would've like some fresh lemon juice in addition to the sumac in this, as well, but that's my...