Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 15 m servings 214 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Beat egg whites in a glass or metal bowl until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites will form sharp peaks.
- Whip cream in a chilled glass or metal bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Beat sugar, egg yolks, and salt together in a bowl until very thick and lemon-colored; stir in rum.
- Fold egg yolk mixture into whipped cream; fold egg whites into whipped cream mixture. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours.
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe contains raw eggs. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw eggs. Learn more about egg safety from our article, Making Your Eggs Safe.
Per Serving: 214 calories; 16.3 g fat; 9.6 g carbohydrates; 2.9 g protein; 116 mg cholesterol; 63 mg sodium. Full nutrition