Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 360 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (8 to 12 servings)
- Prepare the noodles according to package directions. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, crumble the beef into a large deep skillet or Dutch oven set over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring until browned. Stir in the sauce until combined; stir in the noodles.
- Blend the cottage cheese with the Parmesan cheese. Layer 1/2 of the noodle mixture into a 9 x 13-inch (3 L) casserole. Top with the cottage cheese mixture. Spread the remaining noodle mixture over top. (The casserole can be covered and reserved in the refrigerator for up to 1 day. Add an extra 10 minutes to the initial baking time.)
- Bake, covered, for 20 minutes; uncover and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Replace the Broad Noodles with NO YOLKS® Extra Broad or Dumpling Noodles.
- Substitute ricotta cheese for the cottage cheese if preferred.
- Substitute lean ground turkey or chicken for the beef.
- Make once, eat twice by preparing this recipe in two, 8-inch baking pans instead of one large casserole. Serve one and freeze the second to thaw ahead and bake on another busy night.
Per Serving: 360 calories; 12.1 g fat; 37.7 g carbohydrates; 23 g protein; 44 mg cholesterol; 738 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This is easy and delicious!! I had it as a kid (and it was called "Mock Lasagna" by my mother) but instead of the sprinkled mozzarella, we had 8 pieces of American cheese along the top. Better t...