Ingredients30 m servings 118 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat butter and 1 cup sugar together with an electric mixer in a large bowl until creamy. Add egg and beat until smooth. Stir molasses into the butter mixture until completely integrated.
- Sift flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt, and cloves together in a separate bowl; add to the butter mixture and mix until you have a dough. Divide and shape the dough into 36 balls.
- Put 1/2 cup sugar in a wide, shallow bowl. Roll dough balls in sugar to coat and arrange onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until beginning to crisp around the edges, 13 to 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 118 calories; 5.3 g fat; 16.8 g carbohydrates; 1.1 g protein; 19 mg cholesterol; 142 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I didn't have Malaises so I substituted with apple sauce, about a half cup, turned out great. really soft . Its pretty sticky to work with but if you use it to just drop on a cookie sheet or pan...
These are amazing. Added a bit more real ground ginger. But otherwise followed recipe and they are delicious
Loved these. Will make again. Only change was I added 1/4 t of nutmeg and added extra 1/2 t of ground ginger. Spice level was perfect fort family.