Protein Packed Mac & Cheese
made it | 0 reviews |
From the Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
"This classic dish gets upgraded with Johnsonville! While many reach for the boxed stuff, this quick and easy recipe shows you how easy homemade can be. Take your favorite elbow macaroni, butter, flour, milk and American cheese to create a delicious meal that everyone loves. For the real treat, add in some Johnsonville Smoked Sausage for that extra hit of savory goodness. For you cheese lovers, Johnsonville Three Cheese Italian Style Cooking Sausage is the perfect match."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 467 cals
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cheese; cook and stir until melted.
- Stir in macaroni and sausage. Enjoy!
Per Serving: 467 calories; 31.7 g fat; 25.2 g carbohydrates; 21.1 g protein; 86 mg cholesterol; 1123 mg sodium. Full nutrition