Cajun Sugared Peanuts
"I was headed to a Mardi Gras party and needed to throw something together fast. I had some raw peanuts on hand and decided to try candy coating them with a kick of Cajun seasonings added in. This is the result and they were a hit. 'Addictive' was the word most people used. Would be a great gift to give out during the holidays."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 152
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir sugar into water in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until the sugar dissolves completely. Add peanuts, chipotle chile powder, kosher salt, chili powder, and garlic powder into the liquid.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid evaporates and the remaining syrup coats the nuts, about 15 minutes; spread immediately onto the prepared baking sheet. Use forks to separate any peanuts stuck together and to get an even layer.
- Bake in preheated oven, stirring and then separating the peanuts every 5 minutes, until the peanuts are glazed, about 20 minutes total. Let peanuts cool completely before breaking into small pieces.
- Cook's Notes:
- I used cooked peanuts for this too and it worked fine. The end result was more peanut brittle-like, but the flavor was the same.
- When you eat these, they are sweet at first followed by a kick of heat.
Per Serving: 152 calories; 9 15.5 4.7 0 124 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1