Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 441
Original recipe yields 15 servings (1 cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 round cake pans.
- Mix cake mix, 1 1/2 cups eggnog, eggs, butter, nutmeg, and 1/2 teaspoon rum-flavored extract together in a bowl using an electric mixer until batter is smooth, about 4 minutes. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Remove cakes from pans and cool on a wire rack.
- Mix 2 cups eggnog, vanilla pudding mix, and 1/2 teaspoon rum-flavored extract together in a bowl until smooth; refrigerate until pudding thickens, at least 30 minutes.
- Mix cold water and gelatin together in a bowl until gelatin is dissolved. Beat cream in a separate bowl using an electric mixer until soft peaks form; add gelatin mixture, white sugar, 1/2 teaspoon rum-flavored extract, and salt and beat until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate topping until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
- Place 1 cake on a serving plate and spread 1/2 of the filling on top. Place the second cake over the filling and top with remaining filling. Cover entire cake with whipped cream topping. Store cake in refrigerator.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute 3 to 4 cups frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip®) mixed with 1/2 teaspoon rum extract for the topping, if desired.
- Cake can also be baked in a 9x13-inch deep baking dish. If so, cover whole cake with filling and then cover with whipped cream mixture. Sprinkle with nutmeg or red/green sugar mixture, if you desire. Keep in refrigerator.
Per Serving: 441 calories; 23.3 54.2 5.1 112 369 Full nutrition