Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 441 cals
Original recipe yields 15 servings (1 cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 round cake pans.
- Mix cake mix, 1 1/2 cups eggnog, eggs, butter, nutmeg, and 1/2 teaspoon rum-flavored extract together in a bowl using an electric mixer until batter is smooth, about 4 minutes. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Remove cakes from pans and cool on a wire rack.
- Mix 2 cups eggnog, vanilla pudding mix, and 1/2 teaspoon rum-flavored extract together in a bowl until smooth; refrigerate until pudding thickens, at least 30 minutes.
- Mix cold water and gelatin together in a bowl until gelatin is dissolved. Beat cream in a separate bowl using an electric mixer until soft peaks form; add gelatin mixture, white sugar, 1/2 teaspoon rum-flavored extract, and salt and beat until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate topping until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
- Place 1 cake on a serving plate and spread 1/2 of the filling on top. Place the second cake over the filling and top with remaining filling. Cover entire cake with whipped cream topping. Store cake in refrigerator.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute 3 to 4 cups frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip®) mixed with 1/2 teaspoon rum extract for the topping, if desired.
- Cake can also be baked in a 9x13-inch deep baking dish. If so, cover whole cake with filling and then cover with whipped cream mixture. Sprinkle with nutmeg or red/green sugar mixture, if you desire. Keep in refrigerator.
Per Serving: 441 calories; 23.3 g fat; 54.2 g carbohydrates; 5.1 g protein; 112 mg cholesterol; 369 mg sodium. Full nutrition