Ingredients1 h servings 377 cals
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Saute pepper and onion mix in hot oil until the onions are translucent, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Mix sauteed pepper and onion mix, chicken, kale, goat cheese, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and salt together in a bowl; spoon into bell peppers to overflowing. Arrange stuffed peppers in a casserole dish. Brush coconut oil on outside of peppers, if desired.
- Bake peppers in preheated oven until soft, 30 to 40 minutes. Top each pepper with a half-slice of cheese and continue cooking until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 377 calories; 21.7 g fat; 18.6 g carbohydrates; 30.3 g protein; 81 mg cholesterol; 357 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I love stuffed peppers, but most recipes have the usual rice/meat/tomato combo. This is a nice change! I love that it's lower carb too! One pepper is very filling, and healthy! I would suggest d...
This is a great recipe! I did some tweaking of my own. I used fresh onions and red pepper and sautéed them then cooked the chicken. I sautéed purple kale for a bit with olive oil and the rest of...