Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 55 m servings 227 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen)
- Beat brown sugar, shortening, and eggs together with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Add applesauce and coffee; beat until smooth.
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves together in a bowl; add to the wet ingredients and stir until the mixture comes together into a cookie dough.
- Refrigerate dough at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Scoop dough by rounded teaspoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven until the cookie tops bounce back when lightly pressed with a fingertip, 9 to 12 minutes. Cool cookies on sheets for 10 minute before moving to wire cooling racks to cool completely.
- Cook's Note:
- You may add nuts and raisins, if you prefer.
Per Serving: 227 calories; 9.2 g fat; 34.4 g carbohydrates; 2.5 g protein; 16 mg cholesterol; 161 mg sodium. Full nutrition