Ingredients30 m servings 636
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir pasta and cheese mixture from the macaroni and cheese package into the beef. Add tomatoes, milk, peas, and corn to the beef mixture; stir. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, place a cover on the skillet and cook at a simmer until the noodles are tender, about 12 minutes.
- Season the dish with seasoned salt. Stir about half of the Cheddar cheese into dish to melt. Top with remaining cheese.
- Cook's Notes:
- So this is the good version, but the better one would use the pasta shells and cheese with the ready-to-apply cheese stuff. It's going to be essentially the same, still add the milk as you'll need it along with the juice from the tomatoes to cook the noodles.
- For variety you could add Ro*tel® instead of plain tomatoes and use one cup of frozen prepared fajita veggies and some taco seasoning to make a "Gulf of Mexico Shipwreck." Italian seasoning, garlic, onions, and mozzarella would make it a "Sicilian Shipwreck." You get the idea: the combinations are pretty well unlimited.
- Although the recipe calls for frozen vegetables and uncooked ground meat, leftovers work just as well.
- Use Creole-style seasoned salt if you like a bit of spice in your easy dinners.
Per Serving: 636 calories; 26.7 55 42.9 116 1108 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
Everyone loved it as is from the 60 year old to the 3 year old, it was a win all over!
I was in a pinch for a quick dinner and this fit the bill. I didn't have all the ingredients so had to do some substituting. I only had individual servings of Mac and cheese so used 3 of them. H...
This was surprisingly good. (I didn't expect it to be.) It did need more cooking time and liquid than called for. I added beef broth I had open - cooked until the noodles were done. Reminded...
Used a bag of mixed vegetables instead of just peas and corn. Also used Annie’s GF Mac n Cheese as my little one is a Celiac. Turned out great, kids loved it and took leftovers to school the nex...
My whole family loved this! It's delicious and super easy to make. We even substituted the mac'n'cheese for a Gluten Free version.
Turned out delicious. made a few alterations I didn't have frozen vegetables so I used a can of green beans, a can of baked beans instead of tomatoes, mushroom broth, and it was delicious.
This recipe was easy to follow and it came out great! I only omitted the peas because they're not my favorite in dishes. My boyfriend liked it so that's a plus since he's pretty picky and critic...