Ingredients30 m servings 636
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir pasta and cheese mixture from the macaroni and cheese package into the beef. Add tomatoes, milk, peas, and corn to the beef mixture; stir. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, place a cover on the skillet and cook at a simmer until the noodles are tender, about 12 minutes.
- Season the dish with seasoned salt. Stir about half of the Cheddar cheese into dish to melt. Top with remaining cheese.
- Cook's Notes:
- So this is the good version, but the better one would use the pasta shells and cheese with the ready-to-apply cheese stuff. It's going to be essentially the same, still add the milk as you'll need it along with the juice from the tomatoes to cook the noodles.
- For variety you could add Ro*tel® instead of plain tomatoes and use one cup of frozen prepared fajita veggies and some taco seasoning to make a "Gulf of Mexico Shipwreck." Italian seasoning, garlic, onions, and mozzarella would make it a "Sicilian Shipwreck." You get the idea: the combinations are pretty well unlimited.
- Although the recipe calls for frozen vegetables and uncooked ground meat, leftovers work just as well.
- Use Creole-style seasoned salt if you like a bit of spice in your easy dinners.
Per Serving: 636 calories; 26.7 55 42.9 116 1108 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
Everyone loved it as is from the 60 year old to the 3 year old, it was a win all over!
This was surprisingly good. (I didn't expect it to be.) It did need more cooking time and liquid than called for. I added beef broth I had open - cooked until the noodles were done. Reminded...
I was in a pinch for a quick dinner and this fit the bill. I didn't have all the ingredients so had to do some substituting. I only had individual servings of Mac and cheese so used 3 of them. H...
My whole family loved this! It's delicious and super easy to make. We even substituted the mac'n'cheese for a Gluten Free version.
Used a bag of mixed vegetables instead of just peas and corn. Also used Annie’s GF Mac n Cheese as my little one is a Celiac. Turned out great, kids loved it and took leftovers to school the nex...
Turned out delicious. made a few alterations I didn't have frozen vegetables so I used a can of green beans, a can of baked beans instead of tomatoes, mushroom broth, and it was delicious.
This recipe was easy to follow and it came out great! I only omitted the peas because they're not my favorite in dishes. My boyfriend liked it so that's a plus since he's pretty picky and critic...