Helter Skelter Sweet Rolls
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 30 m servings 444
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle walnuts into the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle about half the raisins with the walnuts.
- Tear one bread dough loaf into pieces; add to baking dish and top with remaining raisins.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir brown sugar, pudding mix, milk, and cinnamon with the butter; cook, stirring frequently, until the dry ingredients dissolve completely and the mixture thickens into a caramel-like sauce. Drizzle the sauce over the bread in the baking dish.
- Tear remaining dough loaf into pieces and arrange into he pan, filling any empty spots with dough pieces.
- Let the dough raise for 2 1/2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in preheated oven until no longer doughy in the center, about 30 minutes. Cool rolls in pan for 15 minutes.
- Turn the rolls out onto a serving platter large enough to contain the sauce that will run off the rolls.
- Cook's Note:
- The preparation time takes longer than 30 minutes because the bread has to thaw and raise.
- Pecans can be used in place of walnuts.
- Add more milk if you desire more carmel. I suggest doubling the caramel ingredients to make more carmel but my mother didn't seem to think that was a good idea.
Per Serving: 444 calories; 14 70.7 8.7 21 566 Full nutrition