Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 293
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute celery, carrot, onion, and garlic in hot oil until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Stir black beans, chicken broth, orange juice, cayenne pepper, and chili powder with the vegetables in the pot; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the carrots are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Ladle about half the solids into a blender. Add enough liquid so the solids are completely submerged. Hold lid in place and pulse blender a few times before leaving on to puree. Return pureed mixture to pot and stir.
- Cook's Note:
- White wine can replace orange juice for a different flavor.
- Use vegetable broth in place of chicken broth to make this vegetarian.
Per Serving: 293 calories; 7.9 43.6 14.1 < 1 1033 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This simple easy and quick Black Bean Soup is perfect to serve as a side or as a stand alone soup and it packs a high nutritious punch. Seasoned with the orange juice, cayenne and chili powder p...