Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 135
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Place squash, cut-side up, on the prepared baking sheet. Place 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon brown sugar into the cavity of each squash half.
- Bake in the preheated oven until skin is crispy and flesh is tender, about 1 hour. Cool until squash is easily handled, about 10 minutes.
- Scoop flesh into a large bowl; add remaining butter, brown sugar, and apple pie spice. Whip squash mixture with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- Cook's Note:
- Pumpkin pie spice can be substituted for the apple pie spice.
- If desired, put whipped squash into casserole dish and cover with marshmallows and put back in the oven for 15 minutes till brown.
- Can be made ahead and reheated in a 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 135 calories; 5.9 21.7 1.3 15 48 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
This was a HUGE hit at our Family Christmas. However I made a few adjustments. 1) I boiled the squash after I had cubed it. 2) I then drained the water and added the butter, brown sugar, and use...
I love squash like this, and could sit and eat the entire thing! I did use pumpkin pie spice in place of the apple pie spice. It's only 1/8 tsp, so the taste is very subtle, which I liked.
This was fantastic. I too used pumpkin spice. The squash was rather large and took an hour and forty minutes to cook. After stirring in butter, brown sugar and spice with a fork,, I found no...
This was really good! It tastes almost identical to mashed sweet potatoes and I? really like those as well!
Soooooooo good. I’m making it again tomorrow. Never knew butternut squash was so delicious. I think I’ll just eat it after I roast it. The tablespoon of butter and tablespoon of brown sugar, f...
We love fresh squash, most every variety and am always on the lookout for new recipes. This is a great basic recipe and I only tweaked it a little. Depending on how much squash you use, you ad...