Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 705
Original recipe yields 6 servings (12 tacos)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat butter in a pot over medium-low heat. Cook and stir onion and jalapeno pepper in the hot butter until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic to onion mixture and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Whisk chicken broth and cornstarch together in a bowl until smooth; pour into the onion mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until broth thickens, about 2 minutes. Reduce temperature to low and slowly stir American cheese, 1/4 cup at a time, into broth mixture until cheese is completely melted and sauce is smooth, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir diced tomatoes, green chile peppers, cumin, and cayenne pepper into cheese sauce and keep pot over low heat. Divide cheese sauce in half, reserving 1/2 of the sauce for another use.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese down the center of 1 tortilla and roll tortilla around cheese. Place rolled tortilla, seam-side down, in a baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and Cheddar cheese. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove foil and pour the reserved 1/2 of the cheese sauce over tacos.
You might also like
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 705 calories; 47.9 34.4 35.3 142 2114 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1