Ingredients12 h 15 m servings 440
- Place almonds in a bowl and pour in enough water to cover; soak at least 12 hours. Drain water.
- Blend almonds and 3 cups water in a blender on low speed for 10 seconds. Turn blender off for 5 seconds. Blend almonds and water on high speed for 60 seconds. Pour mixture through cheesecloth or a nut bag into a bowl. Discard the pulp or save for another use.
- Clean the blender and return milk to blender; add agave nectar and salt. Blend milk until smooth.
- Cook's Note:
- Any sweetener, such as honey or maple syrup, can be substituted for the agave nectar.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount for the almonds. The actual amount of almonds consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 440 calories; 36 22 15.1 0 177 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 16
I made it as written except I used brown sugar instead of agave. I used a Vitamix to blend it and a nut bag to strain it. Then I put half back in the blender with two cups of additional water an...
I have made this several times. Once I had forgotten to soak the almonds overnight so I soaked them in very hot water for a few hours and it worked out very well. I have also added vanilla extra...
Worked like a charm! I left mine unsweetened for personal preferences. I followed the recipe quantities for almonds and water exactly. Mine rendered approximately 700 ml or roughly 24 ounces. I ...
Made this for the first time yesterday. Definitely going to make it again! Very easy and taste great. I did not add a sweetener but did add a pinch of salt and a half teaspoon of vanilla - oh so...
Great recipe that is very simple and easy to make! I soaked the almonds for about a full day before blending. I didn't have a cheesecloth nor a nut bag, so I just strained the mixture through a ...
Soaked the almonds until they couldn't absorb anymore water, then let them soak for longer. Blended, strained, reblend, strained until the remains looked a bit tan. Got a little over half a gall...
Easy to do, and tastes great. I'm a beekeeper, so I replaced the agave with our honey.
Made as written, and it is delicious! I will say this, I would have given 5 stars, but the almond flavor is more present here than in the store bought versions. This is not a bad thing, but I th...