Egg Stuffed Taters
made it | 0 reviews |
Egg Farmers of Ontario
"Bacon, eggs and potatoes all-in-one in this delicious stuffed potato! Enjoy for breakfast or lunch with a fruit or green salad."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 290 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Cook bacon in large non-stick skillet until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet and all but 1 tablespoon (15 mL) drippings and any extra brown bits. Coarsely chop bacon.
- Meanwhile, cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out flesh, leaving 1/4-inch (6 mm) thick walls. Coarsely chop flesh. Arrange potato shells cut side up on baking sheet and brush inside with olive oil. Bake until lightly browned, about 10-12 minutes.
- In same skillet, cook chopped potato, salt and 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) pepper in bacon drippings, turning often, until browned. Place in bowl.
- In small bowl, beat eggs with remaining pepper. Heat butter in medium skillet. Cook eggs, stirring, until set but still soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add to browned potatoes and toss with chopped bacon, half of cheese and green onions. Fill potato shells with egg mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Serve warm.
Per Serving: 290 calories; 17.9 g fat; 17.5 g carbohydrates; 15.2 g protein; 216 mg cholesterol; 532 mg sodium. Full nutrition