Ingredients25 m servings 297 cals
- Season lobster tails with salt.
- Heat clarified butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place tails, meat-side down, in hot butter and saute until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Pour sherry into the skillet and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon. Cook until sherry is reduced by half, about 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat.
- Pull meat from shells; discard shells and roughly chop lobster meat. Pour any accumulated juices from the plate into sherry mixture in the skillet.
- Whisk cream, eggs yolks, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl.
- Whisk cream mixture into sherry mixture, return skillet to medium-low heat, and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 3 to 7 minutes. Stir lobster into sauce and cook until heated through. Season with parsley and salt.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute brandy for sherry, if desired.
- Get the recipe for Puff Pastry Shells.
Per Serving: 297 calories; 22.4 g fat; 3.6 g carbohydrates; 19.6 g protein; 227 mg cholesterol; 448 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Where's the flavor? Great BASIC recipe, but I used slivered garlic in my clarified butter....sautéed chopped onions and sliced mushrooms in it to start, THEN the sherry.....then the yolks, crea...
Made this tonight using frozen puff pastry to make it easier and this was delicious. Per the video I used tarragon instead because that's what I had as well as cognac instead of sherry because I...
Like Carole, I added garlic, onions and mushrooms. Also, instead of sauteeing the lobster in the shell, I took the lobster meat out and chopped it, then added to onions to sautee briefly before ...
I had a little extra lobster so made 1 1/2 x receipe. I did use the pastry shells and it was a huge hit!!!
Wonderful. Doubled the sauce and added shallots and fresh mushrooms. Would definitely make again for a special occasion.