Singapore Chili Crabs
Ingredients30 m servings 222
- Whisk ketchup, chicken broth, egg, soy sauce, chile-garlic sauce, oyster sauce, tamarind paste, fish sauce, and palm sugar together in a bowl.
- Stir shallots, garlic, oil, ginger, and serrano pepper together in a pot over medium-high heat. Saute until sizzling, about 2 minutes. Add crab to pot, cover the pot with a lid, and shake until crab is completely coated in shallot mixture. Remove lid and cook and stir until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Pour ketchup mixture into pot, reduce heat to medium, and cook and stir until sauce thickens and crab is hot about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and green onions.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute water for the chicken broth, if desired. You can substitute any spicy ground chili sauce for the sambal oelek, if desired.
- You can substitute 1 tablespoon sliced chives for the green onions, if desired. You can substitute red onion for the shallot, if desired.
Per Serving: 222 calories; 9 18.4 17.7 95 1575 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Beautiful blend of condiments, herbs and spices. However, the Ketchup base has to go. Either make a brown roux or use a jar of gravy. If you can't do without the tomato, add a couple of tsps. o...
Sorry. My last review ended before I meant it to. This is great! To make true Singaporean chili crab you have to use the ketchup - so this is an authentic recipe. The commenter who said not ...