Ingredients1 h servings 372 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish. Cut 9 caramels in half.
- Beat brownie mix, vegetable oil, water, and eggs together in a bowl until batter is well-combined. Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Place caramel halves in 3 rows of 6 in the brownie batter so that there will be a caramel half in the center of each brownie.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Melt remaining caramels, butter, and milk together in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 3 minutes (depending on your microwave). Pour caramel mixture over warm brownies and top with pretzels, chocolate chips, and toffee bits. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Editor's Note:
- You can use any fudge brownie mix and follow the baking instructions on the box, if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 372 calories; 18.2 g fat; 51.6 g carbohydrates; 4.3 g protein; 34 mg cholesterol; 301 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
These was so delish! I left off the toffee chips because the BF don't like toffee I also added the chocolate chips to the batter instead of the caramels. I tend to have a bad issues with them al...
Turned out fabulous. I didn't have any chocolate chips so I used leftover Christmas candy (chopped in a food processor). I also used caramel topping instead of caramels.
I made these for a church event, and they were a big hit. They turned out more like fudge than brownies, probably because I used caramel ice cream topping instead of unwrapping caramel candies....
Oh man, are these yummy and rich! A little difficult to cut into squares with the caramel cooked in and I am thinking it doesn't need it with the caramel topping. The combination of salty and ...
Happy decadence! Have to send to hubby's office to save myself. Made half caramel topping, sweet enough. Would not put caramel pieces in brownie batter next time.
OMG! These were amazing!! I ended up incorporating mini chocolate chips into the batter before baking instead of on top as directed - only because I misread the recipe. Will definitely make ag...