Ingredients13 h 15 m servings 543
- Place black-eyed peas in a large container and cover with several inches of cool water; let stand 8 hours to overnight. Drain and rinse.
- Pour 6 cups water into a pot; add ham hock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until meat is tender, about 1 hour. Transfer ham hock to a plate to cool and reserve 4 cups of the cooking liquid.
- Layer soaked peas, andouille sausage, onion, celery, and garlic in the bottom of a slow cooker. Remove meat from ham hock and add meat to slow cooker. Sprinkle bay leaves, cumin, salt, and red pepper flakes over the top. Pour reserved cooking water over peas mixture.
- Cook on High until peas are tender, at least 4 hours.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 543 calories; 24.2 51.7 30.9 55 755 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
I did use Ham instead of Sausage, we really liked it! Thanks for the recipe!
I love this! Followed the recipe exactly. I can’t stop eating it—even had some cold first thing in the morning ???? I think it’s the Andouille sausage that makes this so delicious. Don’t leave i...
Didn't change anything in the recipe, just served it as a stand-alone dish instead of over rice. Tasted great, had zero bad comments... :-)
Used the bone from my Christmas HoneyBaked ham instead of ham hock and eliminated the andouille sausage but otherwise followed the recipe and it turned out SO delicious!! Served with corn bread ...
Very good. Added cooked rice to the pot after the beans were done. Much like red beans and rice. Thanks for the recipe.
I chose this recipe because of the andouille sausage. This stuff is amazing. It’s the best pot of black eyed pease I’ve ever made. This will be my go to recipe from now on.