Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 293 cals
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Stir milk into rice until evenly combined. Mix eggs, sugar, pudding mix, butter, vanilla extract, and salt into rice mixture; transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted in the pudding comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Note:
- Almond extract can be substituted for the vanilla extract.
- For a creamier pudding, cook in a water bath. Set pudding dish into a baking pan. Add hot water to the pan until it comes halfway up the sides of the baking dish. Set in oven and cook as directed.
Per Serving: 293 calories; 8.1 g fat; 47.2 g carbohydrates; 7.8 g protein; 109 mg cholesterol; 395 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
SO GOOD! This turned out exactly as described. Creamy on the top and dense on the bottom meaning custard on the top and rice pudding on the bottom! I tried to capture that in my photo. This ...
So delicious! I will make this again, everyone loved it! The instructions are easy and straightforward.Followed to the tee, the recipe was 5 stars. Consistency was perfect, dense, almost like a ...
Gosh this is good. I had it warm and cold. Delicious both ways, I topped mine with a few chopped pecans and some pearl sugar
So, I made 1 adjustment on accident.... I went to add the pudding mix and realized I only had chocolate, I rolled with it. My only complaint doesn't have anything to do with my added chocolate f...