Cranberry Ginger Wafers with Maple Sugar
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 117
Original recipe yields 30 servings (30 cookies)
- Bring water, cranberries, and 1 cup sugar to a boil in a saucepan; boil for 5 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer until cranberries pop, about 2 minutes; remove from heat to cool. Pour cranberry mixture through a strainer; reserve liquid for another use.
- Whisk flour, ginger, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Beat butter and remaining 1 cup white sugar with an electric mixer in a bowl until smooth; beat in egg. Stir drained cranberries into butter mixture; stir in flour mixture until fully incorporated. Cover dough; chill in the refrigerator until moderately firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface about 1/4 inch thick; cut into circles with a round cookie cutter. Place cookies on the prepared baking sheet; sprinkle with maple sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light golden on the bottom, about 10 minutes; remove to cool completely on a wire rack.
Per Serving: 117 calories; 3.3 21.2 1.1 14 78 Full nutrition