Persian-Style Pumpkin Stew
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 455 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add pumpkin and saute until light golden brown, about 5 minutes
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a stock pot over medium high heat. Add onions and garlic and saute over medium-high heat until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in tumeric. Add beef and saute until brown, about 5 minutes. Add water, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until beef is slightly tender, about 30 minutes.
- Stir pumkin, prunes, vinegar, sugar, salt, and cinnamon to stock pot and simmer until beef and pumpkin are tender, about 45 minutes. Garnish with saffron.
- Cook's Notes:
- Eight 2-inch cubes of pumkin is enough for 4 servings, but you can add more if you like.
- I like to substitute yellow squash for the pumpkin. If you like more tasty stew you can add more sugar or vinegar.
Per Serving: 455 calories; 25.9 g fat; 37.7 g carbohydrates; 21.4 g protein; 62 mg cholesterol; 1215 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Made it with chicken, delicious! (Of course, the time of cooking changes accordingly) Also, I loved that this recipe has saffron. Oh and the second time I made this, we didn't have prunes, so re...