Ingredients20 m servings 337
- Mix whole milk and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice together in a separate bowl until the eggs are well beaten; add to the milk mixture and stir to dissolve the brown sugar.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium-low heat.
- Set one slice of Texas toast into the milk mixture; let soak until moistened, about 10 seconds per side.
- Cook the dipped toast in the preheated skillet until bottom is golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes; flip toast and continue to cook until the other side is browned, 3 to 5 minutes more. Repeat dipping and cooking with remaining bread slices.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the milk mixture. The actual amount of the milk mixture consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 337 calories; 11 43.4 14.8 198 530 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Love this! But I tweaked it a bit. Did not add allspice and cut nutmeg in half. The allspice I didn't have and the nutmeg is not my favorite so I always cut it. Next time I would pop it in the o...
Nice flavor and for a person who doesn't care for syrup (me) this is just sweet enough. I used high quality pure vanilla bean paste as I don't care for artificial vanilla. A quick buzz with th...
No changes, made as directed. Turned out to be the best French Toast I’ve ever made. The family loved it!!!
This is a simple but wonderfully flavorful french toast recipe. It was light and beautiful and tasted amazing! The only thing I did differently was I replaced the nutmeg with mace because I coul...