Ingredients20 m servings 337
- Mix whole milk and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice together in a separate bowl until the eggs are well beaten; add to the milk mixture and stir to dissolve the brown sugar.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium-low heat.
- Set one slice of Texas toast into the milk mixture; let soak until moistened, about 10 seconds per side.
- Cook the dipped toast in the preheated skillet until bottom is golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes; flip toast and continue to cook until the other side is browned, 3 to 5 minutes more. Repeat dipping and cooking with remaining bread slices.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the milk mixture. The actual amount of the milk mixture consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 337 calories; 11 43.4 14.8 198 530 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Love this! But I tweaked it a bit. Did not add allspice and cut nutmeg in half. The allspice I didn't have and the nutmeg is not my favorite so I always cut it. Next time I would pop it in the o...
Nice flavor and for a person who doesn't care for syrup (me) this is just sweet enough. I used high quality pure vanilla bean paste as I don't care for artificial vanilla. A quick buzz with th...
I served this to my family on our family trip. More than half of them came back for seconds. The ONLY thing I did differently was I only soaked the bread for a few seconds on each side because...
This is a simple but wonderfully flavorful french toast recipe. It was light and beautiful and tasted amazing! The only thing I did differently was I replaced the nutmeg with mace because I coul...
Very easy and delicious French toast recipe. As others have said, it's just sweet enough that you don't need syrup or dusting sugar.
No changes, made as directed. Turned out to be the best French Toast I’ve ever made. The family loved it!!!