Dutch Oven Vegetable Beef Soup
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 216
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch over over medium-high heat. Saute beef in hot oil until completely browned, about 5 minutes. Remove browned beef with a slotted spoon to a plate, retaining beef drippings in the Dutch oven.
- Saute celery and onion in the beef drippings until tender, about 5 minutes. Return beef to the Dutch oven; add water, beef broth, petite diced tomatoes, diced tomatoes, potatoes, baby carrots, garlic powder, and bay leaves.
- Place a cover on the Dutch oven, bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, remove cover from the pot, and simmer the mixture until thick, about 45 minutes.
- Stir frozen corn, frozen green beans, and hot pepper sauce into the mixture in the pot. Place cover on the pot and cook at a simmer until the corn and green beans are just cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 216 calories; 5.8 20.3 19.6 45 550 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
I made this dish But I made a few changes. One, I did not use canned beef broth. I made my own the day before using beef marrow bones some vegetables and prepared it in my Dutch Oven at 200 f in...
Oh my goodness this is delicious!! I tweaked the recipe ever so slightly because of the items I had already and personal preference. I used reduced sodium beef broth and no salt added tomatoes...
It tastes better each time it's warmed up again. I make it, then place the soup into mason jars. Put them in the refrigerator and when we want soup it's there for the warming. It is gone bef...
I used venison tenderloin for this recipie. I followed everything else exactly. Very good, hearty cold weather soup! The whole family loved it and you have to love cooking in a cast iron Dut...
This is pretty much the way my family has always made vegetable soup. Growing up fairly poor and having to feed a large family, we did make this a little more economical. Rather than using ste...
I made this soup yesterday. It turned out very tasty. I did change a few things to make it Keto. I left out the potatoes and added diced Italian squash and broccoli. My company over to eat dinne...
This is one of few recipes I have not had to tweak much, a great comfort food recipe. I do leave out the hot sauce for my wife's taste.