Chicken RO*TEL® Spaghetti
Debbie Thesman Wright
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 298
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare 2 9x13-inch baking dishes with cooking spray.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook chicken in boiling water until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 7 to 10 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove chicken to a cutting board to cool, retaining at least 6 cups water in the pot.
- Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 12 minutes; drain.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and bell peppers in hot butter until softened, 5 to 7 minutes; add cheese food cubes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cheese is melted and smooth. Cut chicken into small pieces and stir into the cheese mixture. Stir drained spaghetti, peas, mushrooms, sliced olives, and chopped olives into the cheese sauce; divide between prepared baking dishes.
- Bake in preheated oven until bubbly, about 45 minutes.
Per Serving: 298 calories; 16.1 20.7 18.2 63 698 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Chicken Rotel Spaghetti Haiku: "Wavered on 4 stars. Would rather non-'strand' noodle. But the taste surprised!" I tend to only use processed Velveeta in "The Stuff", y'know, the elusive cheese d...
Fantastic! What's not to love about this easy to prepare classic my mom has made for decades. Yes: You will fill up 2 pans easily---but they'll go just as fast, so set aside your lunch-at-work ...
We really enjoyed the addition of all the veggies in this dish. I used fresh mushrooms, but would use less peas if I made again.