Hot Buttered Rum Muffins
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 219 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 muffins)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer at medium speed in a large bowl until creamy. Beat 1/2 cup sugar into the butter until fully incorporated. Beat one egg into the butter mixture until fully incorporated before beating second egg into the mixture.
- Stir flour, baking powder, salt, cloves, and nutmeg together in a separate bowl. Mix milk and 3 tablespoons rum in a third bowl.
- Alternately add small amounts of the flour mixture and the milk mixture to the butter mixture while beating on Low speed, mixing each addition until just incorporated into a batter. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups to about 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove muffins immediately from the cups to cool on a wire rack.
- Stir remaining rum and 3 tablespoons sugar together in a small saucepan over low heat; cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves, 3 to 5 minutes. Brush rum mixture onto the tops of the warm muffins.
Per Serving: 219 calories; 8.9 g fat; 28.1 g carbohydrates; 3.6 g protein; 52 mg cholesterol; 249 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1