Ingredients55 m servings 604
- Cook and stir bacon and onions in a skillet over medium heat until bacon is crisp and onions are softened, 10 to 15 minutes. Add tomatoes to skillet; cook and stir until liquid is evaporated, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain and return pasta to pot.
- Preheat oven to 355 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Stir 3 cups Cheddar cheese into the tomato mixture until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Mix sauce into pasta. Pour pasta mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish and top with remaining Cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is golden brown and crisp, about 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 604 calories; 29.8 50.3 32.9 89 878 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I made this exactly as the recipe stated except I roughly chopped the tomatoes instead of grating. This a good and different twist to mac and cheese.
Made 1/2 recipe with 12 oz bacon, assorted cheeses in my fridge. I sauté the bacon, spooned off most of the grease, tossed in the onion, and then Used white Vermouth to deglaze the pan, then ad...