Parsnip, Pear, and Apple Soup
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 375
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Toss parsnips with 2 tablespoons olive oil in a bowl; spread parsnips onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until slightly tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Toss apples and pears with 2 tablespoons olive oil in a bowl. Push parsnips to one side of the baking sheet and spread apples and pears onto the other side of the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven until fruit is soft and caramelized, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir leeks in hot oil until leeks are soft, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle balsamic vinegar over leeks. Stir parsnips, apples, pears, chicken stock, and rosemary into leeks. Bring to a simmer and cook until fruits and vegetables are completely tender and easily mashed against the side of the pot, about 20 minutes.
- Puree vegetable mixture using an immersion blender (or blend in batches in a blender) until soup has an applesauce-like consistency.
- Cook's Notes:
- Either white or dark balsamic vinegar is fine.
- I use a stick blender right in the pot. If you are using a regular blender do it in batches and remember it is hot!
Per Serving: 375 calories; 21.6 46.6 3.3 < 1 709 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1