Titi's Cranberry Walnut Pumpkin Bread Cake
"My Titi (auntie in Spanish) handed me down this recipe after I had this cake at her house during a Thanksgiving dinner, and I just to make it for my family at home. It's a great recipe that even my daughter loves! Now this cake makes its way onto my table every Thanksgiving dinner and everyone loves it. I even have a few copies of the recipe because someone always asks for it! Serve with a dollop of Cool Whip®."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 192
Original recipe yields 24 servings (1 pumpkin cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 1/2-inch fluted cake pan (such as Bundt(R)).
- Whisk flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat sugar, pumpkin, vegetable oil, and eggs together in a bowl until smooth. Slowly beat flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until batter is smooth. Fold in cranberries and walnuts. Pour into prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I usually cook my pumpkin with a tablespoon of cinnamon in the water where I boil it, then I drain and mash.
- You may also substitute the cooked at home pumpkin with the canned pumpkin used to make pumpkin pie to save a lot of time and add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, if you like.
- You may want to try Chef John's cream cheese frosting on this recipe. You may also want to sprinkle it with powdered sugar; it looks beautiful and tastes great!
Per Serving: 192 calories; 6.8 32 2.3 16 220 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I followed the recipe exactly as it is and let me tell you it was a great hit! Everyone loved it even the little ones that swore they would never eat pumpkin in any way! Took half of it to the o...