Ingredients55 m servings 669 cals
- Combine 3 cups water, rice, and salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover saucepan, and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and let sit until rice is tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Place chicken breasts in a skillet and add soy sauce and 1 tablespoon water; turn heat to medium-high. Cover skillet and cook chicken, turning occasionally, until no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes. Cut chicken into cubes.
- Combine coconut milk, sugar, and curry powder in a saucepan; bring to a simmer. Add mango to curry sauce and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon rice into a bowl and top with sprouts, cashews, cilantro, green onions, and chicken. Drizzle mango curry sauce over chicken.
- Cook's Notes:
- For a stronger flavor, add red pepper powder to the mango sauce. You could also use pineapple instead of mango, and add shrimp and lime for a more tropical curry flavor.
Per Serving: 669 calories; 26.3 g fat; 90.5 g carbohydrates; 22.6 g protein; 32 mg cholesterol; 1785 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I made this for the weekend and it came out very tasty. Mango and cilantro is a very good combination and the coconut milk gave the dish a creamy touch. I did leave all the sugar out, but added ...
I used only 1/4 cup sugar. It would have been way too sweet with a whole cup. I did not have any mango so I left it out. Added about 1 tsp red pepper flakes. Delicious!!!
I thought this was very tasty. Everyone liked it. I used quinoa instead of rice, and I only had some shredded chicken. I omitted the 1 cup of sugar, and instead used some sweet chili sauce and a...
Argh.. I didn't like this. The chicken was too salty from the soy sauce. I only used 1/2 cup of sugar. The mango made it really really sweet. I do not think the mango or the sugar is necessa...