World's Best Queso Dip
Ingredients12 m servings 129 cals
- Microwave Method: In microwave safe bowl, combine tomatoes and cheese. Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted; stir after 2 minutes; remove from oven and stir to combine.
- Conventional Method: In large saucepan, combine tomatoes and cheese. Stir over low heat until cheese melts.
- Serving Suggestions:
- Serve with hot bread sticks, tortilla chips, or assorted fresh vegetables.
- Add 1/2 pound browned ground beef for a variation.
- For a milder-flavored Queso Dip, replace the Red Gold® Petite Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies with a (14.5 ounce) can Red Gold® Petite Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice & Cilantro that has been drained.
Per Serving: 129 calories; 9.5 g fat; 3.7 g carbohydrates; 7.2 g protein; 30 mg cholesterol; 537 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Classic dip. Red Gold is so much better than Rotel. Of course you can always add hot sausage or chorizo plus a few chopped jalapenos.
I make this with hot breakfast sausage and a can of Red Gold with Chipotle flavor With one box of Velveeta.
Have made this recipe for years, though I usually add 1/2 lb. browned hot sausage, I like it just as well without the meat.