Ingredients6 h 30 m servings 709
- In a large skillet heat extra-virgin olive oil on medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook until tender. Spray 5 quart or larger slow cooker. Add onion and garlic and remaining sauce ingredients. Stir to combine. Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours. Serve on pasta of your choice.
- Meat can be added to the sauce if desired. Below is a meatball recipe that could be added to the sauce at the beginning of the cook time.
- Mozzarella Meatballs: In a large bowl mix turkey, oats, basil, black pepper, garlic cloves and eggs. Shape into 2-inch balls (should get 14 to 16 meatballs). Press 1 small mozzarella ball into center of each meatball, sealed inside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high neat. Add meatballs; cook just until browned on all side. Place half of the sauce in slow cooker, add meatballs and then last half of sauce. Cook as directed.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 709 calories; 39.9 42.5 43.7 197 1187 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
Needs something to spice it up a bit. The sauce was a lot of work and I would rate it a three star.
Add 1 lb beef to 1 lb sweet italan sausage add 1 cup bread crumbs 2 eggs made my own sauce baked in oven 30 min at 350 then added to slow cooker the rest is the same as the recipe Delicious !!!
This has become my go-to meatball recipe. I use turkey, which can often result in dry meatballs, but these stay super moist cooked in the crockpot. Oatmeal instead if breadcrumbs makes them more...
I made both the meatballs and sauce of this recipe. I would give the meatball recipe 5 stars and the sauce 3 stars. I never made meatballs with oats but they came out really good - flavor and co...
I used 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 Italian sausage for the meatballs. I added fresh basil and oregano. The meatballs held up pretty good without cheese oozing out. I also added extra spices such a...
Only reviewing the meatballs since I make my own sauce. I have 4 young kids and all ate at least one and one of them ate 4. That's a big deal around here! Will be my go to from now on. Husband ...