Sausage & Sweet Potato Chili
Ingredients5 h 15 m servings 358
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked; drain off excess fat.
- Spray a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add sausage and remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours. Stir chili well before serving. Top each serving with cheese.
- Option: Serve with baked crescent rolls
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 358 calories; 16.7 33.3 18.6 38 1511 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
Made this in about an hour - NOT as a crockpot dish and it was a huge hit. I boiled the cubed sweet potatoes. As they were cooking, I did the turkey sausage (in my case I took off the skin, saut...
I am a novice cook and I stuck to the recipe. It turned out great. I also felt good after eating it, with energy enough to teach 2nd graders! ;) I also tried the non-crockpot version, as suggest...
This was a nice change from traditional chili. On my second helping I added brown sugar to sweeten it up and it was good either way. 4/25/2016 I made this again but this time I did not cooked i...
This is a good recipe but I did make some changes. I used sweet Italian turkey sausages which I removed from the casings and browned breaking them into crumbles. I also sauteed an onion along ...
I thought this was really good! I did chop 1 1/2 yellow onions, saute them and add them to the chili, used an extra can of black beans, and some extra chili powder, cumin and added minced garlic...
Super easy, affordable meal, my family enjoyed it. I did add a chili spice blend from Tastefully Simple it jazz it up. We will be having this one again!
I made this recipe without the cumin (because I didn't have any) and I served it over rice. Will be making it again :)