Sausage & Sweet Potato Chili
Ingredients5 h 15 m servings 358
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked; drain off excess fat.
- Spray a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add sausage and remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours. Stir chili well before serving. Top each serving with cheese.
- Option: Serve with baked crescent rolls
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 358 calories; 16.7 33.3 18.6 38 1511 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
Made this in about an hour - NOT as a crockpot dish and it was a huge hit. I boiled the cubed sweet potatoes. As they were cooking, I did the turkey sausage (in my case I took off the skin, saut...
I am a novice cook and I stuck to the recipe. It turned out great. I also felt good after eating it, with energy enough to teach 2nd graders! ;) I also tried the non-crockpot version, as suggest...
This was a nice change from traditional chili. On my second helping I added brown sugar to sweeten it up and it was good either way. 4/25/2016 I made this again but this time I did not cooked i...
Super easy, affordable meal, my family enjoyed it. I did add a chili spice blend from Tastefully Simple it jazz it up. We will be having this one again!
I made this recipe without the cumin (because I didn't have any) and I served it over rice. Will be making it again :)
Great recipe and a nice change for a cold night. It’s very easy to make and just let simmer for the afternoon. I made this exactly as written and it was delicious. Next time I may try adding mor...
Turned out a little soupy because of the 3 cups of broth. Next time I make this, I would probably double the beans and Italian sausage to make it less dilute.
Made it exactly as written and it was wonderful. Not a big fan of "chili", but loved this and the family did too!