3 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 324
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large mixing bowl combine water, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning and salt.
- Cover the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan with 1 1/2 cups of sauce mixture. Arrange 1/3 of noodles on top of sauce, slightly overlapped. Top with 1/2 of ricotta cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of sauce. Repeat layers and top with last 1/3 of noodles and the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours; until noodles are cooked. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- The recipe makes 12 servings, but you could divide the recipe into two 9x9 inch baking dishes and freeze one for a wintry night supper.
You might also like
- Add 1 pound ground Italian sausage or lean ground beef, cooked and drained, to the tomato mixture of the basic recipe.
- For added color, flavor and nutrition add 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and water removed, as another layer after the cheese layers.
- Add both Italian sausage and spinach for great nutritional value and appearance. Use each as a layer in the recipe.
- Add fresh basil to sauce for added color and flavor or sprinkle fresh basil on top as a garnish.
- Use fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced, as an option to shredded mozzarella cheese.
Per Serving: 324 calories; 10.2 39.3 18.8 32 620 Full nutrition