Ingredients40 m servings 397 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Stir flour, flax seeds, chia seeds, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried chipotle pepper powder together in a large bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir water and olive oil into butter-flour mixture with a fork until dough sticks together and pulls easily off the sides of the bowl. Divide dough into 2 portions.
- Turn 1 dough portion out onto a floured work surface and roll out as thin as possible. Cut dough into squares and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crackers are golden and crispy, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cook's Notes:
- Poking your crackers with a fork before cooking is optional. Either way you get a crisp, great-tasting cracker. Be sure to roll the dough as thin as possible.
- You can use sesame seeds instead of chia seeds, if desired.
Per Serving: 397 calories; 22.3 g fat; 42.2 g carbohydrates; 8.1 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 245 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 15
Best crackers I have had; better than anything I can buy. We topped ours with an egg wash and rosemary & sea salt. Some times for easier preparation. We cut parchment paper to the exact size of...
Absolutely yummm! I made these without the onion powder (didn't have) and I added black sesame seeds and poppy seeds and they turned amazing =) One thing to add: first batch was a bit more unsal...
I've made these once just as the directions indicated and really enjoyed them. Be forewarned they make a lot, next time I'll halve the recipe since it's just me who eats them. Next time I'll rol...
I didn't have all of the ingredients that were used so I subbed in a few items . the crackers were delicious. Left to rest too long, the dough became more elastic and tried to shrink back on i...
My family really loved these crackers, I did not have dried Chipotle powder, but I did have smoked Paprika and used it instead. Very savory crackers!! I made them about a month ago, everyone wh...
Nice base recipe with a lot of room for switching stuff up. This yields a TON of crackers. I'm taking this batch to a party so I'm glad of it, but I'll probably half the recipe if I make it agai...
I love love LOVE this recipe! Versatile enough that you can flavour your crackers any way you like. These have been a smash hit wherever I take them, delicious with cheese, and cost a fraction o...
We loved these crackers! They vanished off the table fast. I second the instruction to roll them out as thinly as possible. I baked them more than the suggested 8 minute--baked them until they w...