Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 253
- Mix 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, rye flour, and salt together in a bowl.
- Pour 1/2 cup water into a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir brown sugar into water until dissolved; add yeast and stir. Let mixture stand until bubbling, about 10 minutes.
- Pour yeast mixture into flour mixture.
- Pour remaining 1 cup water into a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir olive oil into the warm water; pour over flour mixture. Knead flour mixture, adding more all-purpose flour if dough is sticky, until dough is smooth and holds together.
- Form dough into a ball and place in a bowl. Cover bowl with a damp towel and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and transfer to a floured work surface. Roll or shape dough into desired shape.
- Cook's Note:
- Instead of using a tomato sauce base, try brushing olive oil on the dough before you add your toppings.
- Add your favorite pizza toppings and cook in a 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) preheated oven until cheese is browned, about 15 to 18.
Per Serving: 253 calories; 4 46.9 6.2 0 294 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
I have made this every Saturday for several years now. My recipe has evolved as I no longer look it up anymore. Try 3 cups flour and one cup rye flour. Also, pour extra virgin olive oil in measu...
Excellent recipe! I made this pizza dough three times this week-end. I put all of the ingredients in my bread maker and it turned out perfect. The first time I made it I used all of the dough an...
This is an easy to make and delicious pizza crust. I tried it with a simple topping of mozzarella, sliced cherry tomatoes and Italian herbs drizzled with a little garlic olive oil. This week, I ...
Absolutely perfect! A pizza crust with flavor without having to add tons of herbs or salt. Rye... Why haven't I thought of it before? I will say I let it rise longer than called for, maybe two h...
Not sure what I did, but I had to add at least another cup of flour to get it off the dough hook. 3 1/2 + 1 cups flour (?). Too much water I guess. Anyway the dough rolled out a family sized ...
Doug...This was a great pizza dough...I loved the hint of rye in the final product. This dough recipe made for me two loaves; I immediately made one and refrigerated the second loaf for the next...