Thanksgiving Lentil Loaf
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 50 m servings 503
Original recipe yields 5 servings (1 8-inch square pan)
- Bring water and lentils to a boil on a saucepan; reduce heat and simmer until lentils are tender, adding more water if needed, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Spray an 8-inch square glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Drain lentils and beat with an electric mixer until mostly smooth; cool slightly.
- Mix oats, onion, Colby-Jack cheese, dried cranberries, poultry seasoning, and seasoned salt together in a large bowl. Mix 1 1/2 cups cranberry sauce and egg substitute together in a separate bowl; stir into oats mixture. Slowly stir cooled lentil puree into oats mixture until evenly combined. Spread mixture into the prepared baking dish, smoothing the top with the back of a spoon.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove plastic wrap from baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Spoon 3/4 cup cranberry sauce over loaf and continue baking until loaf is cooked through, about 15 minutes more.
- Cooks Notes:
- Pull the lentil loaf out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes prior to baking. This will allow the loaf to bake in the required time.
- Two eggs can be substituted for the egg substitute.
Per Serving: 503 calories; 9 88.4 19.8 20 258 Full nutrition