Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 350
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place tomatoes, 2 guajillo peppers, onion, celery, carrot, and garlic into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain.
- Blend vegetable mixture, chicken stock, remaining guajillo peppers, and chicken bouillon together in a blender or food processor until sauce is smooth.
- Place chicken in a baking dish and pour sauce over and around chicken to cover completely. Top with bay leaves.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring sauce every 20 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 60 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Per Serving: 350 calories; 12.7 9.5 47.6 129 937 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
All in all this was a great recipe but I do however feel it needs more spices to bring out the flavor. Super simple though so play around with it and adjust it to your liking...