7Up® Buttermilk Biscuits
made it | 0 reviews |
"Incredibly simple yet outrageously tasty; sour cream makes them super moist and tender. Reminiscent of the original Kentucky Fried Chicken® biscuits, but much better! Great with all kinds of meals but they make an especially fantastic biscuits and gravy breakfast (or lunch or dinner)."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 222 cals
Original recipe yields 15 servings (15 biscuits)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Spread melted butter all over a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Stir baking mix, lemon-lime soda, sour cream, and softened butter together in a bowl until dough is well-mixed; knead with your hands, adding more baking mix as necessary, until dough is smooth but still sticky.
- Roll dough into 15 equal-size balls and place dough balls in prepared baking dish, turning to coat each completely in melted butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until biscuits are golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- Dough can also be rolled/patted out and biscuits cut out using a cutter or drinking glass. A baking sheet can be used if you want brown edges all around but this dough tends to spread more and create flatter biscuits that way; decrease baking time about 5 minutes to compensate.
Per Serving: 222 calories; 13.6 g fat; 21 g carbohydrates; 3.4 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 381 mg sodium. Full nutrition